Sunday, January 4, 2009

• Snapshots

I am toying with the idea of using Snapshots (http://www.snap.com). The blogger at Rattletrap Ramblings uses them and I have seen these little previews all over the net. I'm sure you have too. I know my blog is already overloaded with add-ons, but I have a very specific purpose in mind for snapshots if it is possible.

Apparently Snapshots has something called Mapshots. If I can integrate Google Maps into snapshots, I will be able to reference specific locations on the lakes I fish. My readers will know exactly what I'm dealing with or at least know where I fished. So far, I am only able to load a preview of the map page I see and not a map similar to what Mapshots resembles.

I will be trying to integrate snapshots using Google Maps in older fishing reports. It will take a while, but I think it will be a worthwhile project. I think I can start marking spots in my own Google Maps and use those as snapshots.

When you see this icon, next to a link, hover your mouse over the link or the icon to see a snapshot of the spot I fished using Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment