Friday, January 23, 2009

• Online Fishing Community Sites

Over the years, the online fishing community has largely been dominated by forums. If you can think of it, there is a forum dedicated to it. Of course, now you have many anglers becoming bloggers like myself. BassPundit makes it a habit to announce new Bassin' blogs he has come across. I add blogs to my list and keep a blogroll going with some of my favorite fishing blogs.

While all of this is going on, those of us that are technologically inclined also have Myspace profiles, Facebook profiles, and maybe even a Twitter account. Many of the old timers don't understand all the hubbub surrounding this sort of online interaction, but social networking is really quite an interesting phenomenon. For professional anglers, the social network gives their fans an up close and personal experience that adds to the sport we love.

Some have taken this phenomenon one step further. Now there are online communities just for anglers. If you've ever wanted to surround yourself with others who share your passion for the sport, you've got it at your fingertips now. I signed up on GetReeled and although the community is still somewhat small, it offers something Myspace and Facebook may not. Another similar site is Fishing Recreation (http://www.fishingrecreation.com). I have added links to GetReeled and Fishing Recreation to my Fishing Links section on my blog. I encourage anyone with the time to sign up on any of these social networking sites and get in on the fun.

1 comment:

Basspastor said...

I have been thinking about doing a post on this fishing community sites. I have had a "Cabin" on Angling Masters International for more than a year. Take Me Fishing (Fishington) is yet another one of these networking sites. I suppose I will eventually sign up in all the various sites to promote my blog. From my experiece at AMI and My Space, I prefer forums.

Post a Comment