Wednesday, March 25, 2009

• Fixed Some Code, New Posts

My intro at the top of my blog which describes how to get around was not being properly displayed in IE7. Nobody let me know. I found out when I saw a screen shot of my page in my BlogCatalog profile.

What went wrong?
I had the text set to justify. Justified text is a well known problem area among web developers. Some browsers just don't know what to do with it. I use Safari and Firefox on a Mac. The text had been rendered properly. Apparently IE decided to be the black sheep. Big surprise, I know. Anyway, I set the code in the table to align to the left and then used the p align="justify" instead. Justified text always looks cleaner assuming the browser handles it as intended.

New Posts...
Rain is hitting Shreveport all week in the form of thunderstorms, so I won't be posting many fishing reports. I've written rough drafts of my Gander Mountain Competitor rod post and Vicious Fishing Line Conditioner post. Each should be ready this week. I'll probably schedule them and let Blogger do the work for me. I also have rough drafts of the posts on Vicious Fluorocarbon and the Strike King Red Eye Shad.

I'm trying to think up another frog related post seeing as how topwater season is almost here for me and likely already coming to life for anglers in much warmer waters. Expect the Strike King buzzbait post to come along soon.

3 comments:

Basspastor said...

Got a question for you. Do you use new Blogger on both of your blogs? It doesn't look like it to me but what do I know. Anyway now that I have discovered that I can do labels, I would love to have a drop box like you do on your main site. Where did you get the code? I want it.

Thanks
BP

BassFishingDem said...

I do use "new Blogger" templates.
Have a look at these three sites.
1. http://hubpages.com/hub/Display-Labels-in-a-Drop-Down-Menu
2. http://www.blogspottutorial.com/2008/09/making-label-in-drop-down-menu.html
3. http://www.bloggerbuster.com/2007/11/drop-down-menu-for-your-labels.html

Basspastor said...

Thanks, I guess we will see what happens when I can get a round tuit. You do know what a round tuit is, or don't cha know?

Post a Comment