Wednesday, July 16, 2008

• New Layout

Some time in the last few days when I was fumbling around with those star ratings, a new feature Blogger is working on, I messed something up. Upon viewing my page earlier today, I witnessed the background color change from its usual tan to gray. In addition, a few fonts looked different and my visited link color had changed. In a panic, I dove into my hard drive looking for my most recent backup template. I couldn't find them. I'm not sure what happened to my backups from last month. I made one the other day when I messed around with the star ratings, but that didn't fix the problem.

I saved all my widget data offline and went to work on a completely fresh Minima template. This time, however I planned on making three columns keeping the blog posts on the left and putting two smaller sidebar columns together on the right. I've seen it on other blogs and I really liked that appearance. I started a completely new blog to test those kinds of things out on from this point forward.

I don't have a lot of die hard fans, so I don't think too many people will be confused the next time they stop by. Everything is essentially still there in roughly the same location, just shifted to the right or left. I think this look is a lot cleaner. I'm scared to mess around with those star ratings again. I don't want to have to go through all of this one more time. Besides, the stars take a little while to load and I don't want anything extra that delays my load time.

No comments:

Post a Comment